The key to self love is realizing that you have intrinsic value.
It’s about knowing that nothing anyone does or says can change your worthiness and goodness as a person.
Self love is more than just positive mantras or affirmations, it’s also about accepting yourself for who you are and what makes you unique—even the parts of you that may seem unlovable at first.
That said, mantra meditation for self love can be a powerful practice.
So enjoy these mantras for self love!
A mantra is a sound, syllable (or group of words), or phrase repeated to aid concentration in meditation practice.
Mantras can be used as part of Yoga or other spiritual practice and are also used for other purposes such as stress reduction and pain management.
what is your personal mantra?
A personal mantra is a word, sentence or phrase that can help you focus and maintain your motivation throughout the day.
When you are faced with adversity, oftentimes it is difficult to find the strength within yourself to keep going.
This is why mantras are so important- they act as reminders of what we want for ourselves- self compassion and awareness in order to better our lives.
A personal mantra is like the string on a kite, tying you to the earth and keeping you grounded in times of uncertainty.
You can use it as an anchor for yourself, or as a reminder about what's truly important in life. It can be anything from "I am enough" to "This too shall pass."
How do you find your personal mantra?
1. Sit in a quiet place and close your eyes
2. Imagine yourself as a child, playing without any worries or stress
3. What word or words would you use to describe the feeling of that moment?
4. Write this word or phrase down on paper and keep it somewhere safe
15 mantras for self love
- I am enough
- I deserve to be loved and respected for who I am, no matter what
- I'm going to love myself today and every day after that
- I deserve to be loved
- My worth is not determined by my weight or appearance
- I have a voice and it deserves to be heard
- I am worthy of love and acceptance
- I deserve to be happy and healthy
- My needs matter, too
- I have nothing to prove
- It's okay to be vulnerable and ask for help when needed
- I deserve love as much as anyone else does
- I love myself unconditionally
- My world is a safe place to be vulnerable
- I deserve to be treated with care, kindness, and compassion
9 morning mantras for self love
- I am going to have an awesome day
- Today is a new day, and I will not let the past dictate my future
- Today I will be kinder to myself
- I can do anything for 10 minutes at a time
- Every morning brings with it the opportunity to change my life
- Today I will be happy and grateful for everything in my life
- I am a warrior, I am an artist
- The world is perfect as it is
- My power is in the present moment
9 buddhist mantras for self love
- Om mani padme hum
- May I be happy and free from suffering
- May all beings be free from suffering and the causes of suffering
- I am loved, I love myself, we are loved, we love ourselves
- May I be free from danger, may I have mental peace
- Namo tassa bhagavato arahato samma-sambuddhassa
- May I be safe and protected from inner and outer dangers
- May I know peace and happiness for this lifetime
- Namo Amitabha Buddha